CTE is continually evolving to meet the demands of our employers, students, and the economy. GCC will host this 2019 regional summit to strengthen CTE in the Pacific Region for the 21st century. The summit will bring together faculty, administrators, practitioners, and students from the Pacific colleges to engage in meaningful and interactive conversations about CTE communities of practice, successes, challenges, and opportunities in the region and beyond.
• Multiple concurrent sessions on keeping CTE responsive, operative, and relevant
(including discussion of CTE opportunities and challenges by a panel of
Pacific college presidents or designees);
• Sharing successful strategies and methods for the CTE classroom and the field;
• Presentations on innovative and best practices in CTE teaching and the
• Professional development methods that improve CTE instruction and learning in
specific CTE career clusters;
• Methods to engage students and sustain their interest in various CTE pathways
that will bring them closer to program completion and high demand careers.
• Students will present or demonstrate CTE skills they have achieved in their
respective CTE secondary and postsecondary programs on Guam
and in the region.