Graduates of the GCC Cosmetology Certificate program will be able to demonstrate and employ the skills needed to work in a variety of cosmetology-related occupations, such as esthetician, salon owner, nail specialist, hair color specialist, and makeup artist. They will be able to generate the knowledge and illustrate the skills required to pass the National-Interstate Council of State Boards of Cosmetology Practical Examination and the two-part Guam Board of Cosmetology exam. Graduates will also be able to apply effective interpersonal skills and practice the professional ethics needed to succeed in this profession.
Upon completion of this program and passing the state cosmetology board exam, students may be able to find employment as a nail technician, cosmetologist, barber, esthetician, or make up artist.
The GCC Advantage:
• We use one textbook for all the courses. This textbook will serve as a valuable guide for students to use throughout their career!
• Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
• Experienced instructors with many years of experience in the field.
Academic Advising: All students who declare a major are assigned an Academic Advisor. Students are strongly urged to visit your advisor, who can help you draft an educational plan with course sequencing that meets your personal, academic and career goals.
Sample Educational Plan:
Program Student Learning Outcomes
• Demonstrate and employ the skills needed to work in a variety of cosmetology related occupations, such as esthetician, salon owner, nail specialist, hair color specialist and makeup artists.
• Generate the knowledge and illustrate the skills required to pass the National Interstate Council of State Boards of Cosmetology Practical Examination.
• Apply affective interpersonal skills and practice professional ethics needed to succeed in this profession.
Location: EM Chen Building, Barrigada (Across from the old Dungeon store.)