Academic Advising at the College is a process that assists students in clarifying their life and career goals as they develop their educational plan. Since academic advising is also a decision-making process, the ongoing communication is the responsibility of both the student and his/her advisor.
Academic Advising goes beyond requirements and registration. It is an educational and career plan developed between the student and the advisor.
Guam Community College partners with its students to succeed. This is reflected in the following activities:
· Assisting students in clarifying, articulating, and attaining academic and life goals;
· Facilitating each student’s academic adjustment to the campus;
· Educating students to assess academic progress and develop appropriate educational plans;
· Explaining and clarifying graduation requirements and academic rules and regulations;
· Serving as advocates and mediators for students; and
· Referring students to appropriate departments or programs to meet student needs.
· The student is expected to meet with his/her academic advisor regularly to plan an academic program and review achievement.
Advisor assignments are made in accordance with the student’s program of study and are intended to be continuous throughout the student’s college career. Additional information may be obtained from the Admissions and Registration Office, Student Services & Administration Building, 1st floor.