ADULT HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA PROGRAM
"It's never too late to graduate."
Adult High School Student Organization (AHSSO) teaches students leadership skills to function in the world of work. It also helps students to realize their self-worth, dignity, and potential self growth as future contributors to Guam's community.
The Adult High School Diploma program offers students an opportunity to earn and apply general and career and technical education credits towards a diploma. Individuals 16 years and older, no longer eligible to be in the Guam Department of Education, should consider enrolling in this program to earn a high school diploma.
Medical Assisting, Practical Nursing, Culinary Arts, Hospitality & Management, Early Childhood, Cosmetology, Computer Networking, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Emergency Management, Marketing, Automotive, Construction Technology, Surveying, Visual Communication, Office Technology, Supervision & Management, Education, or Accounting.GCC Student Job Announcements
The GCC Advantage
Adult High School Diploma program is accredited by the Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Persons wishing to enroll in GCC's Adult High School Diploma program must:
- be 16 years of age or older;
- not be enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school under Guam law;
- not have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent;
- lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills that would enable the individual to function effectively in society; and,
- not have achieved an equivalent level of diploma.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion this program, the students will be able to:
- aquire at least three skills needed to meet their educational, career, and personal goals;
- read to function in the workplace and at postsecondary level;
- write to function in the workplace and at postsecondary level;
- compute to function in the workplace and at postsecondary level; and,
- transition into postsecondary level.
- Academic Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Workplace Readiness Counseling
- Transition into Postsecondary Counseling
- Adult High School Tutoring Schedule For 2013
The mission of the Adult High School Diploma program is to assist students to complete secondary school education and transition into postsecondary career and technical education.
Contact InformationLocation: Foundation Building, 2nd FloorPhone: 671.735.6008-11
Fax: 671.734.6002Hours: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org